Saturday, August 7, 2010

The White Fox and Sherlock Holmes







Welcome to my first ever blog post and I thought I would start off with a recent freelance commission. The ever delightful Meredith Yayanos from Coilhouse magazine invited myself and Greg Broadmore to illustrate a feature on Chinese pre-communism pulp literature. The feature illustration was based off a pulp story that appropriated Sherlock Holmes and pitted him against the White Fox, a mythic character from traditional Chinese folklore. The illustrative result was a fusion of Western Victorian meets Eastern Chinese opera set against the backdrop of red curtain - a symbolic precursor of the communist era to come.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks guys :) Nice to actually have a piece I not only can post but like as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful damn picture, PT! Nice work, mate.

    ReplyDelete